Fungal diseases can destroy a crop or reduce the fruit or vegetable’s marketability. By covering the foliage with protective microbes early in the season, fungal diseases can be resisted.
Biostart TripleX is a biocontrol agent that treats botrytis (Botrytis cinerea) in grapes, avocado, top fruit and vegetables and prevents sooty mould (Cladosporium species) in kiwifruit.
TripleX contains two methods of control:
- The microbe Bacillus amyloliquefaciens BS 1b populates the leaf and controls Botrytis and prevents sooty mould – it produces a wide range of antimicrobial compounds that destroy the disease and reduces re-infection
- Fermentation extracts and other bioactive nutrients help to prime the plants leaf biofilm – creating an ideal environment for the establishment of the amyloliquefaciens.
Like all biocontrol agents, use TripleX as a preventative for best results. Apply early so that the protective microbes have time to completely colonise the foliage, flowers and fruit areas where the disease-causing fungi like to grow. In times of rapid plant growth or fruit development, re-apply TripleX to cover new plant surfaces.
Reduce the risk of fungicide resistance by using TripleX as part of an IPM strategy.
Key features of TripleX include:
- Triplex is certified organic
- TripleX is Registered pursuant to the ACVM act 1997 No P8137
- TripleX is tested to be free of amino alcohols and quaternary ammonium compounds (DDAC)
- TripleX leaves no deposits on the crop and there is zero withholding time on most crops
- TripleX is compatible with many commonly used fungicides and insecticides allowing it to be co-applied with these products.
TripleX is listed on the New Zealand Winegrowers Spray Schedule and the Zespri Crop Protection Standard.