A biological maize preservative activates the ensiling bacteria to preserve good quality maize and reduces the yeasts and fungi that can spoil it.
MaizeKing is a biological maize silage additive – a mixture of fermentation extracts, nutrients and microbial stimulants that delivers dual-action benefits for maize feed quality, including:
- Activating beneficial ensiling bacteria on forage to produce the lactic and acetic acids required to properly ensile maize
- Inhibiting the growth of the yeasts and fungi that use up feed energy, heat bales and produce mycotoxins that affect animal health.
Designed and manufactured in New Zealand specifically for and with Kiwi farmers and contractors, MaizeKing comes in two forms:
- An easy-to-store liquid that is applied straight from the can through one of our custom Ascot Pump applicators with in-cab control and volume monitor
- Granules applied through our Ascot Pumps Granule Applicator with in-cab control.
Contact a BioStart team member to discuss any specific application needs.
BioStart MaizeKing works best with good silage-making practices, including:
- Harvesting your crop when the whole plant matter is between 30–38%. This is the best compromise between grain content, starch content, stover digestibility and moisture content
- Tightly compacting and securing your pit silage stack with a weighted cover quickly to exclude air.