Preserving the quality of grass and cereal silage requires activating ensiling bacteria to ensure forage preservation, while inhibiting the growth of yeasts and fungi that can spoil it.
Biostart Organic SilageKing is a silage additive mixture of fermentation extracts, nutrients and microbial stimulants that delivers dual-action benefits for feed quality, including:
- Activating beneficial ensiling bacteria on forage to produce the lactic and acetic acids required to properly ensile grass and cereal
- Inhibiting the growth of the yeasts and fungi that use up feed energy, heat bales and produce mycotoxins that affect animal health.
Designed and manufactured in New Zealand specifically for and with Kiwi farmers and contractors, Organic SilageKing silage additive comes in two forms:
- An easy-to-store liquid that is applied straight from the can through one of our custom Ascot Pump applicators with in-cab control and volume monitor
- Granules applied through our Ascot Pumps Granule Applicator with in-cab control.
Contact a BioStart team member to discuss any specific application needs.
BioStart Organic SilageKing works best with good silage-making practices, including:
- Harvesting your crop when whole plant matter is between 25–35%
- Tightly compacting and securing your pit silage stack with a weighted cover quickly to exclude air.
Organic SilageKing is certified organic.