Decomposition is the process that releases and recycles the nutrients in organic matter such as prunings, crop residues and old roots back into the soil.
The naturally occurring decomposition microbes already in your soil can be encouraged to speed up this breakdown resulting in faster crop rotation, soil enhancement and orchard hygiene.
Organic Digester is a decomposition product that stimulates decomposition microbes to speed up breakdown and composting of organic matter.
Organic Digester enhances the decomposition of prunings, leaf litter, cover crops, old roots and post-harvest crop stubble – recycling nutrients faster and more completely and building soil ready for the following seasons’ crops.
Use Biostart Organic Digester to:
- Return nutrients and organic matter to the soil for improved plant nutrition
- Increase the soil’s cation exchange capacity (CEC)
- Increase the soil’s water holding capacity
- Improve soil aeration and structure
- Increase new root growth by breaking down old roots in mature orchards and vineyards
- Reduce plant disease by decomposing the organic material it feeds on over winter
- Prepare annual crop seedbeds for the following season
- Breakdown cover crops quickly before planting the following crop
- Activate compost to enhance soil faster.
Organic Digester is made from fermentation extracts of the beneficial soil microbe Pseudomonas putida, which work by activating the saprophytic fungi in the soil involved in decomposition.
Organic Digester is certified organic.