A biological silage preservative activates the ensiling bacteria to preserve good quality maize and reduces the yeasts and fungi that can spoil it.
SilageKing is a mixture of fermentation extracts, nutrients and microbial stimulants that delivers dual-action benefits for feed quality, including:
- Activating beneficial ensiling bacteria on forage to produce the lactic and acetic acids required to properly ensile grass and cereal
- Inhibiting the growth of microbes such as yeasts and fungi that use up valuable energy in the forage, are responsible for heating of opened bales and silage pits, and can produce mycotoxins that affect animal health.
Designed and manufactured in New Zealand specifically for and with Kiwi farmers and contractors, SilageKing comes in two forms:
- An easy-to-store and apply liquid, requiring no dilution prior to application through one of our custom Ascot Pump applicators with in-cab control and volume monitor.
- Granules applied through our Ascot Pumps Granule Applicator with in-cab control.
Alternatively, you can contact a Biostart team member to discuss your specific application needs.
Biostart SilageKing works best with good silage-making practices, including:
- Harvesting your crop when the whole plant matter is between 25–35%.
- Tightly compacting and securing your pit silage stack with a weighted cover quickly to exclude air.